Chiropractors are trained to locate and correct subluxations. However, trainers, riders, or owners may check to see if their horses have problems with the spinal column. Examination of the spine before purchase is just as important as examination of the extremities.
Gait and Performance
- Has the horse recently changed behavior or working below its ability?
- Does an obscure or shifting lameness exist?
- Is the rider having difficulty staying centered?
- Is the rider or trainer noticing subtle shifts or difficulties in gaits without apparent lameness?
- Is the horse dragging toes or showing unusual shoe wear?
The following may cause subluxations:
- Conformation Traits
- Performance Type
- Rider Ability